Before you modify a component, it is generally a good idea to duplicate it. This way, you can work on your copy while keeping the original component intact for further use and reference. This approach also enables you to work with many different versions of the same component. Here are the required steps - along with best practices - to duplicate a component.
From the Sitecore Content Editor, create a new folder named
- Duplicate the
Coveo Searchsublayout (right-click > Duplicate).
- Name it
Custom Coveo Search.
- Move it to the
Customfolder that you have just created.
In your new sublayout (
/sitecore/Layout/Sublayouts/Custom/Custom Coveo Search), change the value of the Ascx file field so that it points to
- On the Sitecore server, locate the physical folder located at
<your sitecore instance folder>\Website\layouts.
- In it, create a new folder named
- Copy the file
- From the Sitecore Content Editor, create a new
Coveo Search Pageunder
/sitecore/Content/Homeif you do not already have one (right-click > Insert > Coveo Search Page).
- Access the Layout Details dialog of your
Coveo Search Pageitem (Presentation > Details).
- For the Default device, select Edit in the list of controls.
- In the Device Editor dialog, under Controls, select the
Coveo Searchcontrol and choose Change.
- In the Select a Rendering dialog, select your duplicated sublayout (
/Sublayouts/Custom/Custom Coveo Search) and choose Select.
- In the Device Editor dialog, choose OK.
- In the Layout Details dialog, choose OK.
- Save your
Coveo Search Pageitem.
Validate that your Coveo Search Page now displays your new Coveo Search sublayout/component (Publish > Preview).